Saturday, August 06, 2005

Cheryl and I stopped our four wheel drive on the side of the dirt road. We spotted some lions. I jumped out of the truck to take some pictures. After a few minutes there were two Ugandans on bike approaching us. They were clueless. I yelled "Ntali! ( which means lion in Rutoro)
The guy riding the bike just laughed at me.
I yelled "simba!" (which is swahili for lion) I think the guys were just enjoying making fun of me. So I yelled in English
There are six lions right there!
The guy responed in Rutoro a little confused. I yelled "Mukaga Ntali!"(Six lions!)
He stopped making fun of me and nearly fell off of his bike.
One of the lions had crouched down and was watching them closely.
I told them that I would help keep the lions back with the truck if they needed me to.
DSC_0174
I started the truck and they rode quickly past. They waved and thanked me as they continued on their journey to Kasese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home