Saturday, January 21, 2006

On Safari

Cape Buffalo
Cape Buffalo enjoying the water.

I never get tired of seeing the animals. The driving, the roads, the heat, the dust those wear on me but seeing out in the wild these amazing animals continues to make me marvel at the creativeness of God.
Every animal is unique and beautiful in its own way.


Goliath Heron
This big tall bird is called a Goliath Heron. I don't think they asked him if he wanted that name. When I told Isaac the name of this bird he said he "I'm afraid because it is on the grass! Then he said...I'm not afraid because it is on the grass...I'd like to pet it!"
Isaac may be our little David at heart.

African Fish Eagle
This beautiful bird is an Africa Fish Eagle.

Peek-a-boo Hippo
Peek-a-boo Hippo. The kids like this picture.

DSC_0309

DSC_0302

DSC_0275
The magestic elephant
We were able to see so many of these big guys on this safari.
Isaac said, "Elephant! I like elephants! " Alex and Isaac couldn't decide if they had seen elephants forty times or a thousand times.

DSC_0266
Water Buck

DSC_0250
This big guy would not let our truck pass. It was kind of funny the way he blocked us.

DSC_0244

What a job Noah must have had!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home