Thursday, November 23, 2006

Mike

Do you have people in your life that you just enjoy talking with on the phone or hanging out with?
I have a friend like that..It's my brother Mike.
He has the gift of encouragement. I think he could be standing in the middle of a house fire and still try and make me laugh on the phone.
One of my favorite memories was when we climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. We brought too much gear but what do you expect from two Eagle Scouts? We carried our packs when everyone else used porters. We were prepared!

Freeze dried cheese cake at 15,000 feet sure is good!
We laughed with our friend Pablo all the way to the summit. I can't imagine a funner climb than that one.

I talked with Mike on the phone for two hours. He told me about the families plans for Thanksgiving.

Sounds fun.

One thing I'm thankful for ...My brother Mike.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger john said...

Hi Amooti,

Happy thanksgiving to you!
Yes, me also I have people with who I like to talk so much.
Especially since I started to know some Ugandan people here in Belgium.
From 19 december till 15 january I will visit Uganda for the first time.
I have a friend here in Belgium who is a Tooro and she will be my guide in Uganda.
She is actually constructing a hotel at Mugurushi Road, Fort Portal.
If possible I would like to talk more about Fort Portal with you by e-mail.
My e-mail adress is johndhont@hotmail.com

Kind regards and God bless you!

John

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Glenn said...

I am thankful for Mike too, but also for his two brothers and his sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home