Wednesday, August 31, 2005

LandCruiser!!!
DSC_0022
We have been encouraged and blessed by Glenwood Church of Christ once again. They knew we needed a new four wheel drive for the ministry. One that is big enough to fit our entire family with all of the car seats. They asked me which vehicle is the best for the work? Which one would meet the needs of our family? They also were interested in finding a safe strong vehicle that is not going to be breaking down all the time.

DSC_0027
I love Toyotas. We could have made commercials showing us crossing rivers, climbing mountains, or pulling other vehicles out of the mud.
The most people that I have carried in the pickup is 36. They were all singing and laughing and having a good time. We were going to the market area several miles away for some open air preaching. When I teach in a market like that I tend to tell stories. It is fun to make up parables to illustrate a point.
The poor Hilux has floated across a river stuffed full of people and medicine as we responded to a terrible rebel attack.
It has been used to drag trees out of the forest to build church buildings.
We have carried many sick, injured and dieing people to the hospital. It has also carried many bodies for burial.
This pickup was used to lead a parade and announce the King Is Coming.
We were leading the Tooro king to the Palace during a massive festival.
We have carried food to the hungry and wheel chairs to the lame and landmine victims. It has carried thousands of Bible for distribution. It has been piled high many times with the equipment to show the Jesus film.
All of the shocks have been broken off the truck several time. The spring have been broken. The engine has been blown and the frame broken...twice.
It has carried my wife to the hospital ...eighteen hours away. And returned with our new babies.
When we first got the Toyota Hilux nearly ten years ago, we didn't have a single church to speak of ...now there are 20.
Two weeks ago the clutch went out. Even though we love this old truck it is time for a new one.
We purchased a wonderful vehicle.
DSC_0011

DSC_0019

We are so excited about the new LandCruiser. Thank you Glenwood!
Thank you Lord!
While I was typing on the laptop Isaac started pretending that he was playing the guitar. He is so funny. He makes us laugh everyday.
DSC_0015

Silas is enjoying the ceral that I found at a store in Kampala.
DSC_0016
If you enjoy this blog I'd love to hear from you. If the picture is too small just click on it and you will be taken to my flickr on line photo album. Right now I've posted nearly a hundred pictures.
All of the photos that are on this or Cheryl's blog are stored at the flickr account.
Let me know if you think this is an effect tool for communication.
Thanks for checking in. God bless

9 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I believe it is a very effective tool for communication. Thanks for continuing to post information and PICTURES. We love it

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Andrew Martin said...

Dude!!!! I am so excited to finally see that vehicle. I'm sure you guys are just loving every minute of it.
Take a drive out to the airstrip for me :).

I'm glad that you guys are blogging. It is a great way to see what your up to and to stay in touch. Aimee and I miss you a lot and we will continually be in prayer about you guys. We are truly excited to be with you!!!

We love ya!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Yippee! You have a new car! I'm so excited for you.

And I love the blogs. We miss you guys a lot! THis is a great way to hear more details of your life and of your precious family and see you!

The pictures are awesome! I'm going to have to show Alex and Katy tomorrow (they're asleep now) the wildlife in Uganda.

We love you all! Give your kids big hugs from us.

Trisha

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

I think this is a great way to communicate. I really enjoy the pictures and updates.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jeff Cash said...

Hey Lynn,
Cheryl and I have enjoyed keeping up with the family through your blogs as well. We love you.
I'll keep posting pictures.
It was nice talking to you on the phone. We miss you.
I would love to be at your house eating some Rose's take away. That sounds nice!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Jeff Cash said...

Hey Andrew! Thanks for helping me set this blog up. I wish you were still here in Uganda with us.
The new vehicle is so wonderful. It glides over the rough roads. It smells like America. The airconditioner works great! I drove it out to the airstrip and the guys couldn't figure out who was coming.
It has been such a great encouragement to us. We drove to Kampala with the kids in car seats and we took Stella and Ronald.
When I went to the embassy they gave me special permission to park inside. Do you think they would have ever done that with the old Hilux?
Yesterday I used some color back restore polish on the Hilux and the top just changed to different color brown! Of course you know it is a white truck.
We miss you and Aimee.
Can't wait for you to get here!
I need a good Spades partner!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Jeff Cash said...

Sana,
Thank you so much for your prayers. The Lord is doing so many wonderful things. Thank you for being a part of this ministry!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Jeff Cash said...

Trisha!
We sure have missed you and Ben. We were bummed when he had to cancel his trip here but we understand. We have been following what you guys are doing with the church plant in Odessa. We love you guys. We look forward to seeing you when we come on furlough to Odessa.
It's weird that you are not at Glenwood these days. But at least we will still get to see you and spend some time together.
Maybe we could go out to a lake or something together next year.
Would you send me Ben's phone number? I'd love to talk with him. He is a great encourager.
God bless you guys!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Jeff Cash said...

Hi Cathy,
Thanks for your message. We'll keep posting messages and pictures. I have plans of putting together a full web site of the work. I need several uninterupted days. That has happened yet!
See you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home