Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Silas. What are you doing, Son?

DSC_0011
Silas was at work. He had pushed a chair up to the table in the kitchen and gathered everything he needed to begin his project.
When I asked him what he was doing. He told me that this is a "Woad"
(road).
DSC_0012

This is a bicycle like Ronald's. Silas calls Ronald's motorcycle a bicycle.
He was building a whole town. Wow that's great Silas.
DSC_0013

One man's mess is another mans's work of art!

DSC_0014
He even put the airplanes in his little town.
Maybe Silas will be a construction engineer and build things like his uncle Mike did. Or maybe he will be an artist like his uncle Alan. Or maybe he will be like his Dad and just enjoy making messes!
One of the blessings of this work, that we are privileged to be able to be a part of, is we get to spend time with our children. Cheryl and I get to have devotionals every evening. Each monday is family day. Cheryl home schools. The kids are so much fun. We know that the time that we will have them in our home is short. So we want to make the best of it.
They are an important part of this ministry.
Kinley said yesterday that she wants to be missionary doctor. Alex said that he wants to be a missionary soldier. A soldier in God's army.
Isaac join in and said, "I want to be a missionary Dog!"
A missionary Dog?
Ya! I want to be a missionary guard dog!

You can be anything you want to be. (well almost anything!)

5 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Glenn said...

I'm with you Silas. What Dad sees as a mess, Granddaddy see as creative genius - as long as its at your house. Granddaddy built a "woad" with Connor Sunday afternoon, only it was made out of a whole bunch of little cards. Ours went all the way across the living room. All though our meal he kept saying "Granddady can you help me now?" He wanted to do it again. He asked me about every 30 seconds until I finished and said O.K. let's do it. He then lost interest. He was lonely for his Dad who was about 1200 miles away at a meeting.

I think missionary guard dogs are good - they are called angels.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

Silas,
It is awesome to see how big you are getting knowing I was there right before you were born. I must say that you are a genius and I could totally see your road. Perhaps you could give some tips to the Ugandan D.O.T. Although the roads have been muched improved since I was there last time. Take care and keep builinding "woads" Silas.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Campbell Family said...

When I was your age Silas, I had a similiar road. Only mine was outside in the mud and I enjoyed driving my 18 wheeler over it, even though the road was only have as wide as my truck. Building roads has always been a hobby of mine. When I got older I actually made my own road on my G-pa's farm. It was so much fun driving all of our family cars over it through the years, except for the time I ruined the tranmission in my dad's van becasue I ran over a huge rock while chasing rabbits. Funny how life can be like that sometimes. God puts roads in front of us to follow but when we start chasing rabbits we end up stuck in a hard place where we can loose our drive to go where God leads us. It takes an act of humility to admit when we went the wrong direction and allow our Father to repair the damage so we can get back on the road. Silas, you're making roads to new and unknown places, just like your daddy. Keep it up. Not many are willing to be visionary road builders. Love ya, Rusty.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Aimee Jo said...

Oh my gosh! What a mess! Silas is huge and sooo cute!! Keep the creative juices, flowin' Silas!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Go Silas! Looks like lots of fun, buddy. Wish we could build a town together. Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home