Sunday, March 26, 2006

We have arrived in Boston.
The customs lady said "welcome back".
I am not sure if everyone in the long line felt the same way towards us because we were the last off the plane but they rushed us past the group. Traveling in America with kids is so nice.
We rented our minivan and drove around looking for the hotel.
We missed our exit after the tunnel so we had to go a different direction.
As we cruised around looking for the hotel we had come with in a block four times. It is interesting to switch sides of the car and road to drive. Could we at least standardize our driving. When you cross the border between Uganda and Rwanda you have a quarter mile to switch sides of the road.
Anyway, we went to bed at 3:00 Am and were up by 7:00.
It is so cold!!!!!
Our summer has lasted for the last two years. They say that spring has just started in boston. It sure doesn't feel like it!

We went to the mall. I thought it was funny that the kids wanted to eat at the RainForest Cafe!
Alex got scared when the elephant sounded over the pa system. American food is soooooo good!
I had Nile shrimp. (There are no shrimp in the nile!) ribs and chicken combo.
Did I mention how great everything tastes?

I went to the restroom and as I walked into the stall the toilet flushed. It flushed again as I tried to put one of the sanitary covers on the seat. It made me laugh to use a sanicover after all of the toilets I've been using. I was nervous that the toilet would flush and suck the cover down.
Does it really take that much energy to flush the toilet? Why all this technology?
You might tell me that it is a sanitary thing. Does that make any sense?
Anyway when I needed it to flush it wouldn't. I waved my hands in front of the red light... nothing.
Again...nothing. Again...nothing.
I guess I'll have to push the little button.
That worked.
Then it flushed again by its self. Ah technology! It has invaded every part of our lives.
In America we even have high tech toilets!
The sink wasn't going to be outdone by it high tech cousin so on it came.
That would be too much work for me to lift a handle or too unsanitary to turn on and off the sink!
The paper towel dispenser must have been bought at Sams because it was an old fashioned manual type.
So let me get this straight...
I pull open the handle on the bathroom door. Walk in open the stall. shut and lock the stall.
The toilet is automatic but I had to use the back up botton. Then I turn around and grag a hold of the same latch to unlock to the stall and open the door. The sink is automatic but not the paper towel dispenser. Then I grab the handle on the door on my way back out.
Sometimes I think a hole in the ground might be cleaner.

3 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

Welcome home Jeff! I look forward to seeing you guys. Take care and God bless.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jeff Cash said...

Thanks Steve!
There are so many people who have sent you greetings that I can't remember them all. Ronald, David, and Samuel Balinda send special greetings. See you soon!
Jeff

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Jason Hill said...

I am thankful that you all arrived safely. I have no idea exactly when I will see each of you, but I will definitely be looking to give you a hug.

And, if you come to my house, there will be no technology in the bathroom, but you are welcome to all the internet you can use!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home