Saturday, January 21, 2006

Devo with Nana and Papa

Tonight I called Cheryl's parents in Odessa.
I put the cell phone on speaker and let all of the kids talk. It was fun.
Silas was chattering away and said he wanted to talk to Nana and Papa and then when he saw the phone he clammed up.
Nana and Papa where on the other end as the kids told them anything and everything they could think of.
We asked them to stay with us as we had our devo.
One of the kids started "Lord I lift your name on high" Then Alex started "Victory In Jesus" (He told me Papa likes that song.)
Isaac led Jesus love me with the knee slapping handclapping beat.
Papa led the prayer and that was really special.
The kids loved having Nana and Papa at our devo even if it is on speaker phone.
I count it a true blessing to have friends and family that we miss.
We are blessed with a circle of friendship and love that circumnavigates the globe.
How fun it is to share devo time with Nana and Papa.
How blessed we are to have the love and prayers of friends and family.
------
I have been staring at this screen thinking about friends and family for the last thirty minutes!
We are so blessed!

Lord, thank you.

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

We Love you Cash's.

Maxwell's

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Campbell Family said...

Nearly every time I open the fridge or walk by it, I catch a glimpse of your family photo hanging on the door.

Nealy every time I read one of your blogs, I catch a glimpse of what you want others to see of your lives.

Nearly every time I litsten to my favorite musician, who is African, or hear songs that I heard sung in Africa, I catch of glimpse of your vision to minister to hurting souls, both the saved ones and the lost ones.

Nearly every time I drink chai or Kenyan AA or I eat anything with curry, I catch a glimpse of the continent where you are work and a the people that you minister to that are hungry for spiritual food.

Nearly every time I see African people or animals on TV, I catch a glimpse of not just the beautiful places and faces, but of the beautiful hearts that you touch.

Nearly every time I come across the word 'Africa' I catch a glimpse of your family in my prayers.

But please forgive me for allowing the 'nearly every time' to turn into some times.

Please forgive me for spending more time today watching a National Geographic program on the nocturnal hunting habits of lions rather than praying for your family, your ministry, your hurts, and your successes.

Pleasce forgive me for seeing what I've been wanting to see rather than what God has been trying to show me.

Please forgive me for allowing the 'some times' to dictate what I do all the time.

Laura and I have been very blessed and enriched by your examples. Your have been tremendous roll models in life, ministry, parenting, and faithfulness. We love you all and we are praying that the 'nearly every times' will grow and flourish at all times. "May the Lord bless you and keep you and lift His countenance upon you and give you peace."

Ruhanga Murungi!!! Rusty

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Jeff, we appreciate so much your calling and letting us participate in your devo with the kids. We loved it. I couldn't wait to get to church Sunday morning and tell our Bible class what we did. Thank you so much. And thanks Alex for leading Papa's favorite song. We love you and miss you. Hurry up furlough! Nana and Papa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home