Thursday, May 04, 2006

Pepperdine Bible Lectures

The thousands of us rose to our feet as we sangout our praises to God. I had to fight back the tears as I look around at all of my brothers and sisters. There were young children clinging to their grandparents, college students holding hands, There were young professionals dressed in nice clothes and teens in their shorts. We are all different but we are all one.
What makes us one is not that we see everything the same but that we all have the same father. We are family.
Flawed, sinful, broken, forgiven, loved
I was proud of my heritage today.
As I looked around I tried to imagine what the Lord has done in each of their lives. For some of them I knew.. for others it was clearly written on their faces.
They have been loved.
God took the shattered pieces of their broken lives and created His masterpiece.
It was a beautiful scene to see so many of His masterpieces all in one place.
I will never forget this spiritual family reunion.
Thanks you, Father!

4 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Andrew Martin said...

Amen brother!!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Shauna Wagner said...

It's awesome! We have been blessed here. Where are you anyway? We got off the plane and we haven't seen you since. Let's do lunch.
-Shauna

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

I'm so glad you were able to be there. Definitely wishing I was there to join in the family reunion - next year!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger KMiV said...

Jeff--it was good seeing you. I hope to meet you for coffee before you go on the 11th.

Monte's talk was great wasn't it.

Ron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home