Friday, May 19, 2006

Two scoops of encouragement

DSCN0112

Do you have friends or family that you enjoy being with so much that you don't want the time together to end? That is the way I felt the other day when my cousins got together.
I am proud of each of them and love them dearly. Everytime I think of my cousins Barb and Sally... I can't help but smile. They have been some of those special encouragers my whole life.
This evening was no exception.
Barb encouraged me in exactly the perfect way. I don't want to go into detail but it was "a God thing". She was doing what she does best... encourage. She said a nice thing ... it was exactly what I needed to hear. There is no way she could have known that.
I got two helpings of Godly encouragement one from Barb the other from Sally.
The Lord used both of them powerfully that evening.
It it fun to see the Lord working in your friends and family.
Thank you, Lord!

4 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Patty said...

You are certainly blessed to have a family of encouragers. But you're right to pay tribute to Barb. She often has just the right words to say. It is a privelege being here to watch her grow. God is working and will continue to work mightily in her.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Vonnie said...

I had the privilege of teaching Sally when she was at Columbia Christian High School. She is one of my very favorite people. Now, don't ask me about Mike Cash. :)

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just have to add my "Amen!" to your comments about Barb and Sally. I don't get to see Sally nearly as regularly as I'd like, but I love her just the same--she always makes me feel like I'm important to her even though we only see each other a handful of times a decade.

One of the nicest things about growing up at Vancouver Church of Christ was having Barb around. She really is one of the most loving, encouraging people I've ever known--and I know a lot of lovely, encouraging people. (Probably not coincidentally, many of them are your relatives.)

Finding your blog has been a blessing--you have such thought-provoking insights. It is clear that God is doing great work through you.

Gina (Used-to-be-Frost) Kortan

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Matt Tibbles said...

Jeff,

I just got back from a preaching seminar in Rochester, Michigan. I will have to rip the cds and mail them to you. You will love them! The themes was: "Dare we live in the world imagined in the Sermon on the Mount." I thought of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home