Monday, June 25, 2007

disciplines

I picked up a book while I was sitting in the old brown lazy boy. The book was Dallas Willard's "The Spirit of the Disciplines"
Alex waved his hands in front of my eyes and said "I don't want you to read that book!"
"Why?" I asked.
"That book will teach you how to spank me!" He blurted.
"What?" I asked
"Discipline! You are going to learn how to discipline me! I don't like books about discipline!" he said.
"Even Daddys need discipline some times. This book is about prayer and fasting and things like that." I told him

"Oh good. I thought you were trying to learn new ways to spank me!" Alex said

5 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

LOL! What a great interaction.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Allan W. said...

That is so hilarious!

I really love Foster's Celebration of Discipline. It's made a huge impact on my life.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Glenn said...

Tell him that the secret to using books in discipline is to put one in his pants - then it won't matter if he gets spanked. Was it you or Steve??? Hmmmm?

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

LOL Ok that is awesome. That a way to watch your back Alex. Hey Jeff, if you haven't read it already - you would love "The Great Omission" by Willard also. God bless!

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home