Monday, June 18, 2007

Sunday is baptized

DSC_0080.JPG

Sunday Rogers was baptized in Lake Saaka. What a wonderful day this was!
HIs father was one that I used to enjoy visiting. He was a funny man. The last time I visited him he told me "Jeff, you will never be able to convert me because I love drinking too much!" He was saying it as a joke. His words were almost prophetic.
After drinking one night he fell in the river and drowned. I remembered my friends words as I searched and swam the river looking for his body.
He was so proud of what Sunday and Bright were learning from our time together. He asked me to keep sharing Christ with them.
I'm proud of Sunday. I know his father was too.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing Jeff. God got it going on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home