Monday, June 18, 2007

All about Jesus

DSC_0544.JPG

At Faith Quest each of the youth wrote what was on their heart that they wanted to nail to cross. They laid their burdens at the feet of Jesus. some wrote past sin and pain, as others confessed. It was moving to hear them nailing these sins and pains to the cross.

Samuel Balinda laid his burdens down and was burried with Christ. It was a wonderful. Samuel calls me his father. He has become like a son to me. I am so very proud of him. We can now travel God's trail together!

DSC_0274.JPG

DSC_0236.JPG
Charles was also baptized the same day as Sam.

DSC_0542.JPG
(This is a cross that the children made)

4 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

I've been thinking about FQ since we talked about it recently, Jeff. Maybe once I no longer am tethered to a nursing baby, I'll be able to join you guys for that great event. In the meantime, I've been trying to convert some quality women to come help lead the girls' program.

Good to see you online again!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Seeing all those sins and burdens physically nailed to the cross brought tears to my eyes. It is such a testimony of your love for God and teaching. I love all you guys and you are all in my prayers.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

God got it going on. (Big Sigh) I am so encouraged when I see things like this. Thanks Jeff for sharing and God bless you Sam. Please know that even though I am here in the States, I am still your brother in Christ so please call on me if you need. God bless you my brother!

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the cross idea. The one where everyone nailed something to it.

Rebeccah Napier

 

Post a Comment

<< Home