Thursday, July 05, 2007

July 4th

I woke up at 4AM. Ronald, Dick and I were all staying at the Baptist Guest house in Kampala. Cheryl stayed home to get ready for the party and asked me to get the meat. (The meat is in Kampala which is several hours from Fort Portal!) So count your blessings if you were able to run over to a grocery store and get just what you wanted.
I wanted to leave Kampala by 6 but I didn't have an alarm clock so I woke up early. That gave me time to get ready, write the last blog and eat some strawberry rice crispies that Ronald picked out. Have you ever accidentally inhaled strawberry rice crispies? I mean literally inhaled them?
I had a big spoonful that I was about to eat but Ronald made me laugh and in the process I sucked them into my lungs like a shop vac!
Cough..cough cough..cough
It was like a pink rice crispie fireworks show. Happy 4h of July!
I wouldn't recommend trying this stunt at home.
We drove back to Fort Portal and got there just in time for the party! There were 25-29 adults and a bunch of kids.
There were two tables of food and deserts! The men gathered around the barbque grills outside and cooked the meat! Ar Ar Arrr
Bob and Jennifer Chedester and their kids along with Pat Abbot and some intern/ teachers came from Presbeterian mission, Our friends Doug and Destiny who are starting a Calvary Chape came with their little guy Jotham. Brandy and Lou came with their new baby and a fun group from the Baptist mission, Aguida a church of Christ member who was baptised in Hondura was there. There were some young women who came to help aids orphans were there. We had a house full of people.
Cheryl started off with a Baby dedication for Lou and Brandy's baby...Elizabeth. She is beautiful baby.
It was fun to be with so many Americans!
One of the Baptist guys was joking about the rivalry in a small Texas town that he has seen between the Baptist and church of Christ. Lord forgive us!
We all love the Lord. We all love our country and we all love to Barbque. That sounds good to me! Let's eat!
Happy fourt of July! 231 years of Indepedence!
We have so much to celebrate!

3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

Amen, Amen and Amen! As far as the churches in the small Texas town - they should get together and Bar B Que. It is amazing what a rib can do - ask Adam or for that matter ask Eve. Happy 4th you Cash's love and miss you. :-) The Maxwell's

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Andrew Martin said...

LOL!!!

I stopped reading after the strawberry rice crispies fireworks display. Thats funny stuff.

Say "hi" to the guys & family for me.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Natalie White said...

oK jEFF, it sounds like you and Cheryl are from Texas. I am from New Braunfels....went to Texas A&M University. Canyon HS and CLemens HS near NB. I went to First Baptist Bryan in College. Class 2000 from A&m. I also went to the CHurch of Christ....saw the funny commentabout church of christ and baptist rivalries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home