Monday, June 05, 2006

Pray for Ronald

DSC_0184

While riding his motorcycle Ronald got stung by a bee! and then...another and another. He threw down his motorcyle and ran as a swarm of bees attacked him! He ran down to a nearby hut and the old woman there told him to take off his clothes because of the bees. He was being stung all over. He tore off his clothes and the old woman smeared him with kerosene. There were several cars that got attacked and couldn't get their windows up in time. The people left their vehicles and ran. Many people were stung terribly
The swarming African bees attacked everyone. Two goats that were tied nearby were killed by the bees.
Ronald said, "I probably have two hundred stings on my back!"
He really didn't know how many stings he had because his back and neck were all swollen.

Please pray for Ronald. If you would like to send him a word of encourgement you could post a comment and/or send it to me by email and I'll make sure he gets it.
Jeff

6 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Jeff Cash said...

Ronald,
I want you to know that I love you and I am so sorry that you were stung like this. I'm not there to give you medicine and encouragement. I have prayed for you and maybe I can write a few things that will make you feel good on the inside.
Amooti, I am so proud of you! You have been such a great friend to me and I appreciate you so much. You are a wonderful man of faith. It has been a joy to walk our spiritual path together. I have seen the Lord work through you in so many ways.
I am a better missionary, minister and disciple of Christ because of walking with you.
May God give you the desires of your heart.
May he also heal these stings and give you comfort.
Your dear friend and brother.
Amooti, Jeff

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Ouch, Ronald, I am hurting for you, my friend and brother! I pray that the God of all comfort and healing will bless you greatly through this ordeal. You have been through so much in your short life, and you have come through it all with a strong faith and a great deal of wisdom! I am praying for you!
Grace and peace,
Greg

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Andrew Martin said...

Hey Ronald,
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you. I was stung in the neck when we were there this summer while riding with you and Jeff. I remember how uncomfortable it was to have been stung just once! I can't imagine how much that would have hurt. I will be praying for you to have a quick recovery. Aimee and I both think of you often and pray for you too. We miss all of you in Fort Portal and can hardly wait to join you! I hope you will be out riding your motorcycle again very soon.
God bless you brother,
Andrew Martin

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Oh, Allan, that link is so wrong to send!!

Ronald, we love you and are praying for you.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Matt Tibbles said...

Ronald,

My father raised bees for their honey as I was growing up. I know what it is like to stung over and over and over. My prayers are going up to the Lord for you!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Houston said...

Ronald,

Kelly and I will be praying for you. We cannot fathom how horrible and uncomfortable so many stings must be. Remember the look on Joel's face when he came through the gate covered in bed bugs. That picture alone should help you through a couple of hours.

Houston

 

Post a Comment

<< Home