Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lone Scout

Alex is so proud to be a Tiger Cub. We signed him up for cub scouts while we were in Tyler. He is called a Lone Scout because he does not have a pack. I am his leader and I have to say... we are having so much fun!
We toured the local police station and interviewed one of the policemen.
The two of us went on another outing to tour the king's palace. The man giving us the tour let Alex see the king's throne which is not open to the public. Alex learned all about the tooro kingdom and how family life has changed from the old days until now. How many cub scouts get an opportunity like that?

One of his next requirements is to go on a picnic. When I asked him where he would like to go for this, he said,"Let's go to the game park! That would be fun." He wants to have the picnic where he can watch the wild elephants.
I think that should meet the requirements. Don't you.

He also wants to visit the US embassy and meet the ambassador
I'm proud of my Lone Scout.

Way to go Alex!

5 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Papa and Nana are proud of that Scout too. Way to go Alex. I sure do love you boy!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger KMiV said...

I remember Tiger Cub days. Do you think he will go all the way to Eagle as you did?

Ron

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Steve Maxwell said...

Way to Alex. I think your recquirements are definitly being met. God bless you, buddy.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Be careful, Alex - I once lived with that Boy Scout dad of yours. That means enduring dandelion soup, identifying bugs up close and sleeping in structures from homemade lean-tos to igloos (you're probably safe from that one). You never know what he'll rope you into!

Have fun!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Procters in MOJO land said...

Bryson is going to sign up for Cub Scouts on Tuesday!! Won't that be fun to share experiences and stories with each other!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home