Monday, July 31, 2006

Last minute rush

We are packing all of the trunks and duffle bags getting ready for the flights back to Uganda. It is amazing the number of things that need to get done. I was walking around Home Depot drooling over all of the great stuff when I saw a manly TO DO list. Hey! That would fit in my suitcase!
So I grabbed it.
Cheryl was impressed that I actually bought it. I am not a real list person like Cheryl is so this was a major paradigm shift for me. It's not that I'm against lists...I just tend to loose them.
Lists don't fit into my hunter gatherer nature so easily.
It is hard to believe that our furlough is over.
We have some great news for the Fort Portal church...Glenwood raised $15,000 so we could buy a 52 x67 foot tent and chairs.
Glenwood is such an encouraging congregation!

Here is some more great news...My sister Kristi White had a baby girl.
weighing in at 11 pounds 4 oz!
That is the real weight and she did not have a C-section. That's my sis..Super woman.

3 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Hey Jeff, I'm commenting on Sherilyn's new Sony Vaio laptop. We've been praying about the "packing" and saying goodbye. We'll see you in Dallas. We also were praying and now are praising God for the wonderful contribution by the Glenwood church family. God is good, and His goodness is really showing through this great church. We love you! Lynn

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Patty said...

I can't believe your furlough is over. Prayers will be lifted for your traveling and resettling. At least we'll get to hear from you more often once you're back.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

I know this time must be filled with all sorts of mixed emotions for you and the family - anticipation at finally getting home after such a long time away, sadness in saying the good-byes, exhaustion in packing and frantic chaos in checking off all of the details. We will be praying for you during this transition back to Uganda.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home