Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick or Treat?

Several men watched as the old woman approached. I smiled and greeted her. She asked me for food so I gave her something.
This old woman was chased out of her village for being a witch and eating her very own children. When ever she sees my truck she comes. I feel sorry for this woman and the choices she has made. Her sin has nearly killed her. She lives on the street and struggles to survive.
At dinner time, when I got to our table full of food and my family was gathered around I noticed the date on my watch. It's Halloween!
I didn't even know it.
I thought of the old witch. I thought of the three witches who asked me for work years ago but I didn't give them any because of other reasons. I thought of my friend Tinka. He used to be an alcoholic. His father was a witch but lost his power after we prayed. I remember his back covered in flies. He died not long after that.
I thought of the three witches who were hired to curse me at Faith Quest.
I thought of the witch in Jinja that I shared my beliefs with. He asked me not to pray for him.
I thought of one Mathew's sister who was burned by her village for practicing dangerous witchcraft.
I thought of the woman who was killed last week. She was found practicing witchcraft with a recently decapitated human head.
Over the years I have met many people who practice witchcraft. None of them are like Harry Potter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or the lady on Bewitched. I feel sorry for people who are in bondage to the evil one.
What these people need are not carmeled covered apples,jack-0-lanterns or bags of candy They need the followers of the God of love to share His goodness with them. This is the kind of treat that we should all share.
So let your "spiritual porchlights shine" and share His treats that last.

For those who come knocking remember that what you see may only be a mask. Don't fear.
Freely share.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Lori Ann said...

wow, thanks for the thoughts. it gives me a lot to chew on!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger KMiV said...

Thanks Jeff, this is a good blog. I think that we forget that all people need love and acceptance. Witches seem confused about true power but obviously you have shown them something that they will need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home