Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kinley's big day

DSCF0548.JPG

Kinley told me that she really wants to give her life to Jesus and be baptized. She has been talking about this to me and Cheryl for while. Kinley and I had several Bible studies. I'm so proud of her!

DSCF0559.JPG
There has been so much rain in Uganda lately that the Mpanga River was deeper than normal. We decided to have the baptism down by the market.
There were people who began to tease us and make fun. They would not quit so I had to preach in a very loud voice.
I began with the words of Jesus "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
The hecklers quieted down a little as I was forced to shout the message.

DSCF0560.JPG
(Kinley walks into the cold Mpanga River)

DSCF0561.JPG

DSCF0562.JPG

DSCF0563.JPG

DSCF0564.JPG

DSCF0565.JPG
"Because of your confession that you believe Jesus is the Son of God I now baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit for the remission of sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

DSCF0566.JPG
Kinley is buried in baptism.

DSCF0567.JPG
"Kinley I love you and I am so proud of you!"
"I love you too, Dad! Thank you."

DSCF0568.JPG


DSCF0569.JPG

DSCF0570.JPG

DSCF0571.JPG
"God forgave my sins in Jesus name...I've been born again in Jesus name.." (we all sang)

DSCF0572.JPG

DSCF0573.JPG

DSCF0574.JPG

DSCF0577.JPG
(Kinley is talking to her Nana and Papa on the phone.)

As we were leaving I told Kinley that I was sorry that we did the baptism near the market because so many people yelled and teased us. She said, "no, I am glad we did it there. Those people need Jesus and I am glad that they were able to see it!"
Wow!
What a great attitude.

I felt protective of her from the drunk people,the Muslims, and boda boda drivers who were teasing us but she was thinking of them. That is nothing but the spirit of God!
We were just down stream from the big mosque and the old Hindu temple. Kinley's baptism was a true testimony of faith in Jesus Christ!
In the last few days since Kinley was baptized I have been told of three people who want Bible studies and are interested in getting baptized as well.
Please pray for Kinley as she begins her walk with the Lord.
Also pray for the people who heard her say that she believes that Jesus is the son of God and watched her be immersed.
May the Spirit of God convict their hearts and they choose to follow Jesus as Kinley has done.

9 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Kinley, we are so thrilled to see you walking with Jesus! We love to be a part of your faith story--even from waaaayyy over here in Odessa! Thanks for all the pictures Jeff! We love it!! bw

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Thanks for all of the pictures of the special day, Jeff. It's nice to visualize what it was like to be there - although it doesn't ease the longing to be there in person to hug each of you! We're very thrilled for all of you.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger KMiV said...

Congratulations Kinley. Public baptisms are always a great testimony of God's power. The pictures are great.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger phyllis said...

Kinley, what a thrill it was to hear from you--even at 4 am-- to tell us your wonderful news! You are a great example of one who loves God and is is willing to be a light in a dark place. You are in our prayers as you begin your Christian walk. Love you lots!
Grammy

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger The Harris Family said...

Jeff - This is Jason Harris. I was reading your post on Kinley's big day to my daughters, Emma and Cora. Emma is 8 years old and Cora is 6 1/2 years old. We, as a family, pray for your family every night. You are brought before our great father in heaven by us. My daughters wanted to leave Kinley a comment. Would read this to her and let her know that we are thinking of her nightly.

Emma Says:
I am praying for you and thinking of you. I hope you get to heaven being a good woman. Email me your address and we can write. You can get our address from the blog. Hope you find it out and be a good penpal... Emma :-)

Cora Says:
Please be a good Christian. I am proud of you. Hope I have a good babatized to and how old are you? I like you and be friends for ever. Thank you for the pictures you sent us (on your blog.) We all hope you will be nice to the world... Love Cora :-)

Thanks Jeff... Love The Harris Family

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Will Skillman said...

Wow! What an incredible story. You must be very proud of Kinley. My family recently moved to South Africa to serve the underprivileged. It is good to read about the experiences of others. Truly inspirational! Thanks.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"to GOD be the glory" i wish GOD blessed kinley througout her life!

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe she was baptized so young! Wow!...

 
At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and in front of people who have the nerve to tease Christians for that sort of thing too! I don't know about there but, in some places, they might have hurt her-China for instsnce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home