Sunday, September 23, 2007

Rocky ground

As I taught the story of Jesus and the women caught in adultery I knelt down and began to write on the ground.
S5030526.JPG

Have you ever wondered what Jesus wrote on the ground? Did he write a scripture? Did he write from memory chapters of the the Torah? Did he write the words to his favorite song? Did he write the sins that that had been committed by the people with the stones? We really don't know what he wrote but we do know that he took his time and by the time he was finished the oldest to the youngest went away and when he looked up there was no one left to accuse the woman.
I imagine that all around the words of Jesus the ground was littered with stones. Almost like a picture frame. Stones everywhere.

S5030527.JPG

1 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Rachel's Blog said...

I read somewhere that Jesus wrote on the ground to turn all accusing eyes away from the woman who sinned and place them all on Him.

Jesus took the blame for our sins and set us free.

I love Him.

I prayed for you and your family as I looked at your pics. Your daughter's baptism really blessed me.

Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home